We all have those items that mean the world to us. It could be a heartfelt birthday card, your great grandmother’s wedding ring, or important documents – whatever it may be, the thought of losing these valuables due to a burglary, fire, or natural disaster is both unimaginable and heart breaking. That’s why a fire file cabinet or fire safe for your home and business is so important. At Security Source, we have a large selection for you to choose from. Whether you need something small to hold a few items or a large filing cabinet, we’re confident we have what you’re looking for. Here are just a few things to consider putting into your safe or file cabinet:
- Original Social Security Cards – In case of burglary, fire, or natural disasters, your social security cards will stay in tack. No one wants to deal with going to the Social Security office and wait in line to get a new card.
- Insurance Policies and Agent Contact Information – In the event that there is a fire or natural disaster, you’ll need access to your insurance information to file a claim. Most homes or businesses are covered by a HOA or some kind of property insurance.
- Birth Certificates and Passports – No one wants to deal with the hassle of contacting the hospital for their birth certificate or go through the process of having to get a new passport. Not only is it an annoyance to get documentation, but it can also be costly.
- Family Photos, Videos, and Heirlooms – All of these things mean the world to us. No matter the value of the items, they are truly irreplaceable and sentimental. Don’t let a burglar, fire, or natural disaster take what is truly important to you. You’ll be happy you kept them safe.
- Marriage License, Wills, and Retirement Plans – Heaven forbid that anything happens to your loved ones, but unfortunately accidents happen. It’s important to keep documentation handy!
- List of Medications and Doctor’s Contact Information – Having any kind of documentation on prescriptions or medical conditions may be vital, especially for medications that you take on a regular basis. You can’t always get in touch with your doctor, and if it’s something you need daily and can’t miss a dose, this is very important.
- Spare Car Keys and Emergency Cash – In the event that something occurs, it’s great to always have back up keys to access your vehicle. There may also come a time that you may not have access to your debit and credit cards. It’s always smart to have some spare cash on you.
- Business Contracts and Leasing Information – Losing your contracts or leasing information can be detrimental. It’s crucial to keep your business afloat after an incident, but also having a safe place to keep these items for daily purposes is also a smart way to know your belongings are safe.
- Pictures of the Interior and Exterior of your Home or Business – If you are in an unfortunate event caused by fire or natural disasters having pictures of your interior and exterior can help the insurance company understand the value of your loss. This can become crucial if there is nothing left of your home or business.
At Security Source, we want your belongings to be protected no matter the cause. If you are considering investing in a fire safe or fire file cabinet, then Security Source is your one-stop-shop! Call us or visit our store today to talk about the right option for your budget and your needs!